Translate

Monday, October 24, 2016

Word Study Homework

Hello all!

I hope everyone watched Penn State's domination over Ohio State this Saturday night... WE ARE! I was representing my Penn State clothing today at school :) WHAT a way to win the game! I also got to spend some time with friends from out of town and did all of the "tourist" things in Washington D.C.! I hope you enjoyed the pictures on the Remind app. I had a wonderful weekend! However, I was VERY jealous that my parents and brother were at the Penn State game!

Word Study Homework
I had some questions about the Word Study homework from several students, so I thought I'd better put it on here tonight. EACH night, they should be sorting their word cards for practice. They do NOT need to write their sort every night! That is only for homework on Monday!

Monday - Sort cards AND Write in NB

Tuesday - Sort cards, Write ABC order in NB

Wednesday - Sort cards, Write Rainbow Words (10) in NB, or make a word cloud with ALL words, print it, and glue in NB
- You can find the link to ABCYA's kid-friendly word cloud creator here.

Thurday - Speed sort cards 3x - write those TIMES in NB, Write practice test in NB
 - Practice test means set up the notebook page with your headers, have a partner say words and student puts it in the correct sort and spells it.

Friday - Quiz day


Please let me know if you have further questions!